Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cosmos and Perogies

It's New Year's Eve. So many thoughts tumbling around my head.

Resolutions, reflections, and procrastinations.
Dreams, wishes, concerns and causes.
Plans, projects and possibilities.
Past and present.
Choices.

Thank you 2008 for milestones and memories too many to mention.
I face 2009 with unyielding optimism and the feeling that humankind is on the precipice of collective consciousness. We will need that.

So on this last night of 2008, I concocted myself a cosmopolitan and fried up some perogies - bacon, onions and all! Total comfort food and comfort. I saw the movie Milk with my eldest daughter this afternoon, spoke to my parents and MIH to exchange Happy New Years' wishes and left a message on daughter 2's answering machine. Loose ends are tied up. Two hours left in 2008 and then a new calendar will begin. A new page will be written. For now, I sit quietly sipping my cosmo, my heart full of gratitude and my tummy full of perogies!

1 comment: