Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy in Heat

I am snuggled on the couch with the fire on, laptop in -- where else -- my lap, Fritz laying with his head on the pillow beside me. The wind is howling, sending spooky whistlings from my chimney. Hubby and I finally had a much delayed date night. Lately we have been missing our Wednesday night dates (Hump Day) but tonight, we went for Indian food and a movie.

There is something comforting about going to a favourite restaurant and having them smile knowingly at you, and then bring you your usual order. I think hubby and I may be a little too predictable. I love sitting across from him, tearing the naan bread and dipping it in the masala sauce between the chatter. That would be me who chatters ... hubby nods alot. After stuffing the last crumb of samosa and morsel of chicken tikka into my mouth, and declaring that I was full, we were off to the movies. It was my choice this time so hubby suffered through Revolutionary Road for me. Hubby's review,"This wasn't a chick flick. It was just depressing." Now I owe him big time and I foresee myself at a super hero or science/space feature sometime soon.

I have been chilled all day and the blast of frigid wind that blasted us when we came out of the theatre left me fantasizing about a boiling hot shower to warm my aching bones and muscles. And that is exactly what I did when I got home. Hot, steamy shower and fleece PJ's.

Which leads me to ... I am snuggled on the couch with the fire on, laptop in my lap, Fritz laying with his head on the pillow beside me. The wind is howling and rattling the windows, but I am safe and warm in my cocoon. It's been a wonderful day. Thank you.

P.S. Bet you thought this post was about Fritz - and not me, huh? : )

3 comments:

  1. What better place than a cocoon to spin a few dreams?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to see that movie for quite a while now...was it good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: the movie ... it was well acted however, if I was being perfectly frank, the dialogue (although well written if it was in a book) came off somewhat unnatural and stilted on screen. It would make a good rental. And warning - don't expect to be uplifted Carrie -- so maybe you should wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete