Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tagged Virgin -- It's My First Time!

Update: My blogging inexperience innocence is showing. I now know the meaning of tag-free and meme-free sites. Apologies to any who I tried to include in this. It seemed interesting and harmless enough ... but like I warned you, I'm a tagged virgin.


Thanks to Ribsy the Whippet for tagging me. (I think -- I'll let you know)

If you feel like learning more about your blogger mates (or want to risk alienating others), just link to your tagger and add these instructions on your blog:

  • Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.
  • Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
  • Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 things you should know about me - or not

1. I can touch my nose with my tongue and use my toes to pick things up.

2. I once painted my youngest sister with red lead paint (hey I was a kid ... but she still looks a little pinkish).

3. I love politics, and when I was a teenager, I had a poster of our Prime Minister (Trudeau) hanging over my bed. Maybe I was a little weird ...

4. I used to write a column for our high school newspaper called Gertie's Gossip - and no one (especially NOT the cool kids) knew it was me who was Gertie. [Correction: my best friend Jill knew.]

5. I wake up happy. I go to bed grateful.

6. I eat things that have expired past their due date. I also eat bruised fruit, the white part of the watermelon, grape seeds, plum pits and apple cores. My version of a high fibre diet.

7. I talk very, very fast -- and alot! Or so I have been told. I remember recording a 30 second radio commercial in class in 11 seconds. The prof said we had to work on that!

Tagging (six only): EVENTRYHUS, My little place on earth, Chronicles of a Country Girl, Ramblins ..., [Carrotspeak]

4 comments:

  1. I'll bet writing that gossip column was fun. I used to produce an online newsletter for our trivia room and one of our regulars wrote a tongue-in-cheek column called Dear Blabby. Nobody was supposed to know who "she" was but it became increasingly obvious to the rest of the gang that it was a guy - Frank, my SO. He was hilarious and I miss those days.

    I also miss the days when most Canadian girls had a poster, button or some momento of Trudeau close to her person. He awakened a lot of young minds - politcally. What girl didn't have something of a crush on him back in the 60's?

    I enjoyed your post very much, but I'm sorry, I'm going to have to pass on accepting the tag, as I prefer to keep my blog a tag-free/meme-free zone. I hope you understand, and come back for a visit again real soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. I am new to this stuff so I now know what tag and meme free means! I appreciate your response Hilary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your facts! We're going to have to put that 'toe-picking-up' trick to the test at work one day. ("OK, now pick up that Obama fridge magnet off the floor and put it on the desk")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the lovely comments and the positive thoughts. I appreciate it, and I don't mind in being tagged in the least...

    In answer to your question I'm not sure about the "soon." It's more of an "oh my, I actually want that" sort of realization.

    ReplyDelete