Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dinner, Movie, Friends and a Pie

The day has been a full one... flaky, crusty but somehow ... satisfying.

My gal pals and I left work a little early to take in a 4:30 movie. Perfect time of day to see a chick flick. We kicked back with our popcorn, perfect centered seating in a practically empty theatre, giggled over trailers and exchanged clever quips and commentary while we waited for the movie to start. Seeing a chick flick with chicks - it's like sneaking a guilty treat.

Catching up over linguine and wine - simply wonderful. Resurrecting a few choice memories from the double-decade chest - smiles and chuckles. Teasing and ribbing - expected!

My dear friends have a history of making me feel special every time but tonight - at our little birthday dinner - they outdid themselves. They gave me beautiful books, a subscription to my favourite spiritual magazine and a homemade pecan pie - all of my favourite things. And nothing is more touching to me than a gift that reflects that someone really knows me.

Blessed am I to have the loving souls that I do, for companions on this unpredictable, lush life journey. It's almost as sweet as the freshly baked pecan pie -- almost!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great night! The pie looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like someone's having fun! And that pie looks scrumptious.

    Speaking of movies though, that reminds me: My best friend Kylie, Kyle's sister Courtney, and myself went to see Revolutionary Road Monday. You were right, it wasn't exactly uplifting, but I still loved it. I thought it did a wonderful job of portraying the emotional hardships the characters faced, and the wardrobe choices were excellent.

    It was odd however, that the children were in very few scenes. We found ourselves wondering who their amazing babysitter was...

    Tonight is going to be movie night number two. It's amazing how much a night out with the girls helps heal heartache and push away the stress of having to much homework due...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is truly fantastic to have someone who knows you so well and give you such amazing and well thought out gives.

    Glad you had such a great night. :)

    ReplyDelete