Friday, March 13, 2009

More of Me to Love

The needle on the way up
Well another monumental milestone has been reached exceeded. My weight has exceeded my full pregnancy weight (of more than 25 years ago) and I am officially the heaviest I have ever been. I'm no welter weight that's for sure. Can you tell I am shocked? Despite popping the button on my pants yesterday, I was feeling good - even a little slim(mer). I was sure my tummy was flatter than it's been for a awhile. Then I stepped onto the scale.

OK - I shreiked! That little needle bounced to new heights - new numbers I'd never experienced. As the needle squeaked 2 pounds past the weight I was just before giving birth I was dumbfounded. I jumped off the scale, discarded my final piece of clothing, crossed myself, exhaled and jumped back on. Darn it! Why the heck did I buy those Easter jelly beans? And those sea salt chips? Why haven't I been to the gym in the past three months?? My knees have been asking me to lighten the load and my lower back chimed in, lodging its own complaint.

Guess I had to bottom out to get motivated to do something about it. I was going to say there's no where to go but up -- but in this case .... I need to be a loser. It occurred to me that if I go to Africa and come back heavy - then there's no hope for me. I need a parasite - if only for about 6 months or so! My new goal - to lose one of my chins by my birthday (that's in two weeks).

Good news is that there's more of me to love! Now where did I put those salt and vinegar chips?

1 comment: