Saturday, March 7, 2009

Open

I am open to anything! That's the mantra repeating in my head. Maybe it's the intoxication of the spring like weather, or the extra day off I had but for some reason I feel exhilarated and pumped with possibility. I spent the day organizing my office and the books and photos that go along with it. Of course that inspired a side trip down memory lane and well, the task took a little longer than it should have.

But there is something liberating about cleaning out, cleaning up and putting order to chaos. Even as I write this I am not entirely finished but the wheels are in motion. Not even a dismal, rainy day could dampen my spirits. I spent some time researching the Masai Mara National Reserve as that is where we would be staying IF I went on the Kenya trip. My excitement is building, especially when I discovered that in the summer months (when we would be there) the Masai Mara plains are filled with migrating wildebeest and zebra. The dream seems within reach. I said I was pumped with possibility. And tonight as we turn our clocks ahead an hour to accept more daylight and in readiness of spring, I am turning my own clock ahead to accept more light and in readiness of everything each and every day is going to deliver. I am open to any and all possibilities ...

No comments:

Post a Comment