Monday, May 11, 2009

Safe to come out?

OK - spring was here -- I know it. I saw it with my own eyes. And the proof is everywhere ... tulips are in full bloom, the magnolia tree has flourished (come and gone), the lilac tree is bulging with flower buds and the fruit tree branches hang heavy with blossoms. Why then the frost warning for tonight and the forecast of sub zero temperatures? Has spring gone into hiding or what?

My backyard spa is ready and waiting; my legs are sporting a gorgeous artificial golden glow (thanks Dove), the sleeveless attire has replaced the sweaters on the hangers and I am ready for heat, sun and fun darn it all! I feel like the bud on the branch in this picture ... ready to come out and embrace the sunshine ... instead ... it's like stepping out of a hot shower into the evening chill. Hence we stay wrapped up tight ... waiting impatiently. I heard a juicy rumour today -- the weekend is supposed to be "nice". This is one time that I hope the rumours are true.

Spring -- come out, come out, wherever you are. I think it's safe now.

No comments:

Post a Comment