Sunday, June 28, 2009

Musings from a Sunshiny Day

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you a day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way.

- John Denver

Today is not a sunny day - but yesterday was - the most perfect kind of summer's day. This of course called for the lyrics of my favourite John Denver tune. Hubby and I took our ritual walk by the waterfront where the relief of a cool breeze is guaranteed. It is amazing to me how an hour spent by the water with only the sound of chirping birds and the occasional power boat jetting by can calm and relax.

Kidlet is gone for a week with her dad to Costa Rica. Remnants of her packing efforts are littered all over the house. Stuff she was going to take, but decided not to; stuff she removed from her suitcase left over from her previous trip; laundry basket of miscellaneous books, CDs and other STUFF brought home on her last day of school that she intended to put away. Fritz knows something is amiss - her bedroom door is unacustomarily open to let air blow through.

For now the house is quiet and I know that when I clean - it will stay that way at least until her return. Which leaves me wondering ... in years to come will I be sitting in this same spot bemoaning the fact that my house is clean and eerily quiet - and wishing for anything but.

No comments:

Post a Comment