Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blogged Down - In a Good Way

I've done alot of travelling today... it started early this morning. I found a new blog to read and one blog lead to another and before I knew it, I was lost lost in the words, colour and photos of fellow bloggers from around the world.

I met Karen from Border Town Notes who blogs from a small Botswana town. Her breathtaking images of African wildlife and panoramic vistas drew me in; I intended to just drop in and instead, I was hooked. Then I wandered over to Under the Botswana Sky to soak up more Africa ... my appetite only increasing. Finally I ended up at Lori Times Five. Where to start ... Lori has travelled (yes, to Africa amongst other places), parents five kids and blogs about life in a way that is authentic and full of heart.

I never cease to be amazed by the shrinking effect blogging has on the world. Gaps are bridged, ideas and thoughts shared, and we bond over the commonalities of the human condition. I can't wait to read the posts of my blogger friends everyday - I can always find a smile ...

On another completely different note ... we bought Fritz some "healthy, organic" dog biscuits. After reading the ingredients on the box, I was salivating. Couldn't resist. I tried one.

Hubby thought it was dumb. But then I saw it on the box. Saved!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, how was it? You're braver than I am for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn,

    thank you for coming over, it's so nice to meet you and I see that we are following each other! I'm excited to hear about your upcoming trip to Kenya. Whereabouts will you be going? will this be your first trip to the continent?

    Thank you also for the kind words for me and my friends Karen and her husband Tiennie. For more fabulous african bloggers go to Monkeys on the Roof( Val in Botswana), Ngorobob Hill(Janelle in Tanzania),Times of Miranda (Miranda also Tanzania) Under the Blood Red Sky(Janet in Johanesburg), Absolute Vanilla(Nicky in Cape Town)you can find them on my blog roll. They are all fantastic blogs, I'm sure you will appreciate.
    Has blogging changed/added to your life in ways you never imagined when you began a year ago? it really has for me.
    take good care,
    love,
    lori

    ReplyDelete