Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Morning Breath

It was only 6 degrees Celsius at 6:30 this morning when I started my car. A misty rain was falling. It was dark with the sun sitting well below the horizon. A wistful preview of the long winter commute that lay ahead. I rolled the windows down half way so I could see as I pulled out of my driveway. Note to self to get glasses so I can actually see while I drive.

On these damp, unfriendly mornings it's difficult to get motivated to leave the heat of my cosy duvet - and hubby. I defy every fibre in my being when I force myself into my tuck and roll and head for the comfort of the icy tiled floor of my bathroom. Thank goodness for steamy showers, but then again, so hard to leave the heat and greet the morning air.

But there is a certain stillness in the first hours of the morning that feels sacred; a private, quiet reprieve; a cleansing breathe to the start of the day. Morning breath!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am not a fan of the cold. :/ I joke to Kyle all the time that I want to move to Texas...and what he doesn't know is how serious I really am. Kentucky winters are wayyy to cold for me. I can't imagine being even further north! Bundle up tight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you Lyn, I love the mornings. It's always been my time, well, usually anyway, i love to see the house come awake, all the sleepy heads roll out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always liked the early mornings for this quietness, but now I'm retired, I'd welcome a but of hurly burly to start my day!

    ReplyDelete