Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Little More Time

We rolled the clocks back an hour last night. I think I've said this before, so at the risk of being repetitive, I'll say it again - this is one of my favourite days of the year.

I woke up early, caught up on the news from the comfort and warmth of my puffy duvet, took my time getting up and about - and it was still only 8:30! I started a new book - Say You're One of Them - drank a pot of coffee, nibbled on toast and it was still not even 10 AM. It felt like the endless morning ... one long, lazy, delicious morning. And I loved every single second of it.

I popped a pot roast into the oven, and caught up on my cleaning. It was time to say s'long to Charlotte's Webs -- not the book -- the spider webs that had collected around the fireplace. I got reacquainted with the vaccuum and the Shark steam mop.  I made a few calls and my sister dropped around for some tea.  All in all it was a fairly low key day - but a satisfying one. I made sure to savour every single second.

It got me thinking ... if one extra hour could add so much enjoyment to, and make such a difference in my day, imagine what I could accomplish if I lived consciously in every hour?

Note to self: live fully, consciously in the now. Treat time as a precious gift. Appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. I had never thought of that extra hour in those terms. You are so right though, and perhaps that's why I love coming home after a holiday or adventure abroad. It makes me slow down and value my time.

    ReplyDelete