Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Started


It has started ... the magic of Christmas has started to sprinkle like fairy dust upon me. Today was my day off and I used it to start my Christmas shopping. I got up happily before dawn as I do every morning to get a jump on the day, and I took the freefall into the festive season. Silver bells blaring through the radio, and me singing right along with it set my mood soaring. A day immersed in our picturesque little town, chatting with volunteers and shop keepers who all seemed equally upbeat and joyful -- doesn't get much better.

I returned home, laden with parcels -- to mail -- my very first Christmas card of the season. Thanks Aunt Jeannette. A shiny gold envelope with a joyful card and message inside it bore a seasonal stamp. Now it was official!

And it didn't stop there ... the second I logged onto my laptop I got notified that our Milestones for Africa school campaign had received donations. Thank you to Sis 2, Adventure Girl, Shirlmeister, Carrie and Lola. I am so deeply moved by this show of generosity ... and I feel like I received early Christmas presents.

Day One Recap: Simply wonderful! Full of blessings and good cheer.  I am happy to overflowing. What did I do to deserve this life?

To all of you -- I send you love and gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, Lyn!!!! It is as Jimmy Stewart once said, "A wonderful life!!" And you are a blessing to ALL who know you!!! I think you are receiving back some of what you've given to so many of us--joy!!! I love your photo...such a beautiful symbol of the season...it doesn't get much better than this, does it? Love you! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me to get into the swing of the season! Going shopping with my daughter this afternoon. Going to get merry, regardless! ;0

    ReplyDelete