Saturday, January 2, 2010

End Strands and Leftovers

Hubby earned big brownie points by sitting through the movie Julie and Julia based on the blog, The Julie/Julia Project by Julie Powell. We watched it in the privacy of our own home courtesy of Pay Per View. Payback for hubby will come when I go to see Avatar with him. Anyway, I had been wanting to see this movie for several reasons ... the concept of a movie being made from book based on a blog intrigued me, and I am a huge Meryl Streep fan. I don't want to do a movie reivew but Amy Adams is endearing in the role and I found the film to be delightful. I was practically drooling as I watched the myriad of vegetables and meat beng whipped into what looked to be scrumptious creations. I decided to check out the blog that the movie was based upon ... and admittedly, I was disappointed. I am not sure I would have been an avid follower ...

When you are picking a movie or show to watch do you compromise with your partner or do your own thing? Maybe you both like the same genres ... Hubby and I have a longstanding ritual of taking turns. He picks a sci-fi or a film by Ridley Scott or Michael Mann and I opt for the relationship or romantic comedy films. But without argument, we alternate. Although he pointed out that he thinks he may have accumulated a few more points considering he'd seen two chick flicks in less than two weeks. He may be right. He's a trouper though ... when we went to see my daughter in a university performance of the Vagina Monlogues, he was the only male to sit through it. I laugh every time I think of it!

So today I am just savouring the final few days that will officially mark the end of this year's holiday season. Tomorrow I will dismantle Christmas and help Kidlet apply to universities. I just felt a slight breeze of change waft by ... There is alot to look forward to and it will be a year jam packed with monumental milestones, dreams fulfilled, adventures, firsts, beginnings and no doubt endings. Life will  look different by next year - and I for one wonder what awaits!

There was heartbreak we didn't anticipate and events we couldn't have imagined. Still, it wasn't all bad. So maybe there was a message in it all. The future was calling us and no matter what, there was no turning back now.


Source: The Wonder Years

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that quote from the Wonder Years says it all!!!! Terrific!!! And I just finished watching Julie and Julia...terrific movie...although I expect that blogs and blogging have come a long way since then...a lot more of them, too...You are a wonderful friend...and I can't wait to "do" 2010 together!!! Your heart and compassion for other people, and your zest for life is simply incredible!!! I'm so very, very glad we "met"...you have become a truly treasured friend within a very short time...and I'm so looking forward to getting to know you even better in 2010!!! Much love to you!!!! Janine XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Julie and Julia too. It's totally a chick flic and I think almost any man would agree, but good for him for sitting through it. Enjoy the payback :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote at the bottom. And I loved the movie!

    ReplyDelete