Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Bag of Wishes

For my birthday, MIH gave me a bag of 50 wishes stored in fortune cookies. I am a sucker for sweet packaging so the bag sat prominently displayed, cutely wrapped in colourful ribbon. But I am trying to break my reflex of  "saving" things for later, or for better occasions. I decided to use the gift in the spirit in which it was given ... untied the ribbon, reached in the bag and cracked open a random cookie.

Here is it what it said:
How much fun is that! I saved the "wish" in a glass and I have decided to open one every day until they are all used up. Thanks MIH! Now I am off  to wind myself up ...

4 comments:

  1. DIH,
    You certainly do not need any 'winding up' -- You've got enough sweet and mighty gusto for all of us! Luv the quote and you're off to the races young lady! Munch away...
    Luv always - MIH
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a most wonderful gift!
    and a very happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous Birthday gift!! Where did she find it?? I LOVE IT!! And...I agree with Shirl...You do NOT need any winding up...You are perfect just as you are!! Have a wonderful week! Love, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. MIH- munch I did - now my lips are blue!

    Sorrow - thanks for the wishes.

    Janine - Shirl (My mother-in-heart- not in-law)got this unique gift from a website called:
    http://50wishes.com/.

    Thankyou all for your comments!

    ReplyDelete