Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Senses #1

I decided to borrow a page from over at M. Heart's Secret Notebooks ... Wild Pages and do a "Senses" post. [Thanks M. Heart]
See
  • wilted roses in a dehydrated bouquet - past its prime - propped up in a vase on the kitchen table
  • wild growth of weeds and assorted foliage poking through the patio stones 
  • sagging pockets of something - creating soft jowls on my face, offering a shade of my mom 
  • cool blue of the pool beckoning
  • Kidlet's stack of books and university paperwork on the buffet
 Hear
  • Fritz's frenetic thumping as he fluffs and puffs himself
  • clicking of the keyboard keys as my fingers fumble across them
  • hissing of the kettle boiling
  • chirping from the forest over a track of  hum of distant traffic
  • sounds of Glee from the TV
Feel
  • oddly contented and discombobulated at the same time
  • melancholy
  • hot -- maybe a personal power surge?
  • sleepy
Smell
  • wood burning ... someone has their chiminea blazing
  • traces of residual curry from my microwaved leftovers 
     
     
Taste
  • garden fresh tomatoes and pears grown by Dad
  • spicy heat from leftover aloo gobi
  • cool sweetness of vanilla ice cream laden with walnuts and a dribble of maple syrup

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a fabulous post Lyn ( I may have to copy if that's okay and of course I'll credit you))
    I do a very similar exercise with my clients but using the body as a way to be mindful and stay in the moment. As a way to deal with the encroaching tendrils of past and future.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mandy -- but I really "borrowed" the idea from M. Heart so if you are going to credit anyone, it should be her. Hope you are rested from your past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I've made it easier to comment - no nasty word verification. So let me know you dropped by.