Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Musical Good-bye

I expected it to be difficult - even gut wrenching. Funerals are like that. But the moment that kicked open the floodgates was when my little friend took her place in front of the piano to honour her departed husband. She poured her anguish and love into every note of her powerful musical good bye. Her body followed her hands racing up and down the keyboard, and as she reached the segue in the piece she took a big breath, her face wrenched in utter grief, tears rolling down her cheeks - before plunging powerfully into the change up.

The notes sang her reluctant farewell to the husband who she loved for more than 24 years. And after she was finished, the room erupted into spontaneous applause.

You did good Mouse.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lyn. How sad.I cannot even imagine what she is going through. I can imagine that music was quite an incredible experience..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing will help, but I do love the words.... "grief is the price we pay for love"... makes it more bearable somehow.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing will help, but I do love the words.... "grief is the price we pay for love"... makes it more bearable somehow.
    xx

    sorry if this turns up three times now, computers eh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda
    You know I tried to describe the musical good bye to my family and I couldn't put it into words, I should have just posted a link to your blog, so well said.

    ReplyDelete