Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Turning the Page

So today is the first day of December. I feel a kind of excitement over new beginnings - not unlike when my odometer rolled over to 50,000 kilometres this week.

A brand new month; a clean slate; a blank canvas on which to create any reality of my choosing.  A new month heralding in a new season. Mother Nature attempted to show her support by choking up a few gratuitous snowflakes -- not enough to be declared the first snow or anything, but nonetheless, a showing.

Everywhere else in the country has had some snow -- the robust flavour that accumulates on the ground. Jealous!  I find it hard to get in the festive season without the white stuff. But listen to me being so rude ... I didn't welcome our guest:
December, come on in! It's wonderful to see you again. You look like you are travelling light but I know you well enough to know that you no doubt have a few surprises in store. And although alot of Canadians like to talk about you behind your back, I can honestly say that I love you. You come bearing gifts and I kinda like that. You are also a big part of what makes us feel Canadian. So hang around ... at least until the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Great! enjoy your December... our odometer has just rolled over to 200 000 km, by the way!! I was stupidly annoyed to have missed the actual event by a few km :)

    ReplyDelete