Saturday, January 1, 2011

Blank Canvas

It’s 2011. A new year, A fresh page. A new chapter to be composed. I love this feeling lodged in my innermost being … twinges of anxiety mixed with infinite possibility.

2011 is a blank canvas, mine to imagine and to create.

I glance over my shoulder at 2010 and wish her a silent farewell, thanking her for the gifts she bestowed and left behind. “You are one my favourites, and I will remember you fondly.”

As for today, I set my course for that which lays before me. No doubt there will be uncharted milestones; events; challenges; passings; celebrations; reactions; responses; and choices.

I am choosing to honour this gift of time - this gift of life - to live it fully, deeply and broadly with every fibre of my being. I am resolved to live presently and with gratitude.

I am fortunate in that from where I sit, it is indeed a happy new year; I think about those for whom it is not so much. I cannot cure all the world's ails however I plan to be a soothing remedy and instrument of service whenever I can, and to add my spark to the chorus of light.
Reflect, Remember. Recharge. Reset. Go.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as if despite our different ways of writing we are starting the new year in a similar place. Lets here it for hope I say!
    Happy New Year
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. I too feel that anxiety/possibility going forward. It feels pretty good, really.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete