Thursday, May 5, 2011

Give a Little - Blood, Sweat & Tears


She received word that her uncle had been diagnosed with leukemia. And in the face of potentially devastating news, my blogger friend Kattrina from 365 Days of Happiness chanelled her spunk and energy into training for a run to help raise funds to obliterate this form of cancer. She asked our blogger community to join her in this fight so this week I donated to the Leukemia and Lymphona Society, an organization that is dedicated to fighting blood cancers. Research is key to finding a cure.

So thank you Kattrina for your reminder that fighting disease is key to our sustainable future. And I send you and your uncle BIG HUGS for your blood, sweat and tears.

Inspire us with your own stories of giving, or suggest a cause that you would think is worthy of support.

Read about my Thursday's Give a Little Challenge. I have to give ongoing props to Wendy Smith for her inspiring book, Give a Little. Give it a read.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Lyn! You can't imagine how much this means to me and my uncle. You are truly a great friend and I will never forget your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very inspiring indeed, Lyn..

    I have been looking back to see what you have been up to, and was glad to see your happy Easter gathering as well as the gorgeous holiday to Cancun! Far from being boring, it would be great to see a few more pics! I did smile about the "wetsuit" :)

    ReplyDelete