Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Love Lives On

You were close by today; I could hear your voice telling me to slow down and drive carefully in the rain; and memories of you and your laughter wove in and around moments in my day. It was after all, the anniversary of your birth. I try to conjure a picture of you at 72, but that won't be necessary. You were spared any ravages of aging and your spirit is forever young. I still miss you as much as I did that night when you left us. But my longing for you is a strange brew of comfort; the little space of empty - a reminder of the exceptional mother who used to fill it.

Happy birthday Mom. Your love lives on.

1 comment:

  1. oh lyn. i am not ready to face it, so i conviently don't. busy busy don't think. but i know i need to, so thank you for the reminder.

    your mom looks like she was lovely. i'm sure she is proud of you.

    xoxo lori

    ReplyDelete

I've made it easier to comment - no nasty word verification. So let me know you dropped by.