Sunday, December 11, 2011

And Sew It Is

I think my mall crawling days are almost over. ~silent scream of joy~  I am 98% bought and true to my to-do list, I dusted off the sewing machine and converted some colourful tea towels into a tidy pile of gift bags.

Next on my list, I am turning my attention to giving where it will really count. As I whipped out my credit card for gift after gift, it was impossible not to think about those who are just struggling to feed their families and provide the basic necessities of life. Who are we kidding ... our ideas of "basics" are so beyond food and shelter - in fact it probably includes some form of electronic communication. If I can so quickly produce my credit card to purchase my wants, I can surely do the same to help someone with their basic needs. And you know something, that satisfying feeling that goes along with the giving is the gift I give myself.

The abundance and love that I have in my life is partly due to the geography lottery. I won big time. Just how did I get so lucky?

So know the sewing machine will be loving tucked back into its vinyl sleeve for another five years until I get a hankering to flaunt my inner domestic goddess. It's been another good day - and for that I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment