Monday, October 8, 2012

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving ... giving thanks. It was a wonderful weekend bursting with all things beautiful, delicious, and precious. And when I glanced down the long extended table, lined with the chattering, smiling faces of my loved ones, I gave my own silent prayer of thanks for the abundance in my life.

Canadian Thanksgiving ushers in the brisk cool mornings, brilliant foliage and conjures up inexplicable cravings for root vegetables and comfort food. I love this time of year! And this Thanksgiving weekend was the perfect mixture of frosty temperatures and sunshiny blue skies outside - and cosy warmth inside. Hubby and I hosted my family for a phenomenal feast.

Today we took in a local fall fair as we do every Thanksgiving weekend, and then made our way over to my MIH's for a delectable encore turkey and ham dinner. Now I know why we call it stuffing...  Hubby and I left stuffed with feast and contentment.

And now we face a week of left overs, and a whole pot of squash soup that I forgot to serve. Today I wrote out my gratitude list and intentions... the most important of which is to make a conscious effort to appreciate and express my gratitude daily, and make every day, a day of "thanksgiving". As it should be.

Here are some captures from my weekend.






















No comments:

Post a Comment