Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting Again

I love new beginnings, clean slates, blank pages. And January 1st is just that for me. There seems to be a backlash against New Year's resolutions, but for me, changes have to start on the first of the month, a Monday, or on a starting line. It just works better that way for me.

So in between episodes of Bunheads (the marathon), cups of tea, loads of laundry and phone calls with family, I had time to reflect on the upcoming year and how I want to spend the precious time of life. I asked myself what I want to achieve; what I want to contribute; how I can strengthen my relationships; and how I can move closer to becoming the best possible version of myself. Many questions ,,, and the answers form the basis of my resolutions.

I resolve to appreciate and honour the life I have been granted. In addition I will make a conscious effort to floss more religiously, get my first colonoscopy, seek out the mismatched socks, and eat more vegetables EVERY day.

This time next year I will be able to say: I am a loving, caring wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend; the main colour of the food I eat is green; I donate weekly; I volunteer; I tell people how much they mean to me; I learn something new each and every day; I pay it forward and give more than I take; I love my daily walks.

Life is a series of new beginnings. When we start, try, pursue and stall - we start over again or just keep going forward. The trick is to never stop trying; to be persistent and not dwell on the stall. So that's the plan and I'm sticking with it. I am... not "I will".

I am grateful and contented... and such is my life!

1 comment:

  1. I get ρleаsuгe from, cause I disсovereԁ
    exaсtlу what I used to be having a look
    foг. You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

    Feel free to visit my blog post - how to make money buying and seling cars for profit

    ReplyDelete