Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let the fun begin

The best part of the Christmas season is about to begin ... the seemingly endless get-togethers with family and my special friends. As I write this I hear the hum of snow blowers in the background and see the "smoke" streaming outside from our furnace. I haven't ventured outside yet.

I thought I was so well prepared and ahead of the game but now as I sit amid the laundry that needs to be put away, the floor that needs serious cleaning and the odds and sods from kidlet, wrapping remnants and other stuff that has accumulated on our coffee table, I can feel the rumblings of panic setting in. Yikes. I still have to buy drinks and wrap a few things to bring to our first big family party this afternoon. And then there is that baking I haven't started. Oh - and I better remember to shower!

What to do first ... Calm down. Don't get overwhelmed. One thing at a time. Exhale.
Geesh, that felt good.

I just have to remember the point of all the preparations -- family-time! I can't lose sight of the forest for the trees. Priorities! That being said, it's time for me to get off the computer and get ready to go. Start living the fun - instead of just writing about it!


UPDATE: A wonderful time was had by all ... and just as we were leaving, it gently began to snow and one couldn't help but feel the peace and see the hope glistening.

3 comments:

  1. Haha. Your day seems to have started out as hectic as mine did!

    I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season. All the best,

    Carrie. aka--> [carrotspeak.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Carrie. I checked out your blog too and I was very impressed. I can see that you have alot of creativity and a way with the written word ... Keep writing. And I also send you warmest Christmas wishes. Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi visiting from Carmi comments. Great how your post fit right in with his new theme!

    Hope the new year's going well for ya. Bless the old gal, being with family is the best part of holiday season, because it gives you great memories to think about.

    ReplyDelete