Wednesday, April 15, 2009

procrastination: Why Do Today What You Can Do Tomorrow

[flashback to 1976] TV is tuned to some non descript show providing the prescribed ambient background noise. My project is overdue and I am hitting a wall. A big one. Many cups of tea. Another piece of pie. [wall is still looming before me] More Internet browsing. Fritz needs his belly rubbed. Time out to post to my blog. [haven't I learned anything? ] I can feel that old familiar tingle creeping up my spine. My old friend Procrastination is here for a visit.

I should be in full panic mode, running shrieking into the night ... Funny enough, I am deeply calm - probably past the point of hysteria. Or maybe because I know this old friend well, and I always seem to come through. Things always turn out just the way they are supposed to.

f a i t h

2 comments:

  1. If you only knew how relevant the topic is to me right now...lol. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here's me, thinking I invented procrastination...
    It can be like a dam that's simply holding the floodgates of imagination at bay until the pressure achieves the right amount of force to create. At least, that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it...

    ReplyDelete