Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wham! Bam! Another FamJam

It's unanimous ... we love our famjams. With a family our size, it's harder and harder to have an event where everyone makes it. Tonight we came close ... we managed a mid summer early birthday celebration for step-mama and only missed my pilot-in-training nephew, who is away at camp. And he was missed.

We sat elbow to elbow, sweating (the humidity picked today to show up), laughing, telling the same stories over and over (hubby will attest), clinking glasses and basking in the safe, quirky, collective cocoon that is our family.

It wouldn't be a party without the traditional events: who can touch their nose with their tongue? Who can pick up objects with their toes? Who is double jointed? Yup - we're a laugh a minute! But really -- can you pick up pencils with your toes??

And in another week - we're gonna do it all over again when my west coast cousin and her daughter roll into town.

I am going to defer my birthday blog for step mama until her actual birthday. : )

3 comments:

  1. Takes me back to when seventeen of us used to squash round my Auntie's table for a 'Saturday Tea'every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that kind of reminds me of my grandma's house at Christmas. There are so many people that it's hard to find room to breathe...but it's always loads of fun.

    Glad you guys could get your schedules together and have a great evening together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to it!! I'm limbering up my toes ... you don't have enough wine to make me touch my nose with my tongue!
    cuz

    ReplyDelete