Friday, December 18, 2009

It's the Little Things

It's the small things that can make a big difference sometimes. Like my car -- the best feature (in my humble opinion) is my seat warmer. Feeling a suge of heat on my backside on the sub zero mornings is pure heaven. Just like a steaming cup of strong fragrant coffee can be the perfect start to the day -- and finding there is no cream left -- not so perfect. Adventure Girl always says the devil is in the details -- mind you - she is an accountant -- and I think that is true in so many ways. It's the little things that can make the difference between contented and irate; comfort and discomfort; easy and difficult.

I guess that goes for making others happy as well -- small gestures can make a big impact. I had someone recently pay for my coffee in the drive through. The clerk said he was paying it forward - so I paid for the car behind me. Just the experience of having someone extend such a thoughtful gesture made my heart sing and fill me with warmth that lasted all day. I have learned that small acts of kindness and thoughtfulness can reap big rewards. I am off to put my thinking cap on ... and check my fridge for cream!

3 comments:

  1. hey there lyn - just wanted to let you know that i photo-tagged you. head over to my blog to find our your color and have fun taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pay back for doing a random act of kindness far outways the receiving of such, I think.
    To know that I've done something for someone else without being asked is an absolute joy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely photograph, and such an uplifting anecdote from your life!!! I am inspired!!! I will look for an opportunity to "pay it forward" Excellent!!! Merry Christmas, my wonderful friend!!! Love, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete