Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's a Wrap


I am completely bundled into the insulating warmth of the season. I made yesterday a joyful one ... shopped for my loved ones, and enjoyed every last second I spent wrapping my treasures. The tree seems more contented now ... and the scene is complete.

Hubby and I stole a day for ourselves and I even wrangled him into watching a cheesy (AKA chick flick)  Christmas movie with me. I am not sure how I managed it but I seemed to have removed frantic and replaced it with contented. And that's a first for me.

After I placed the final gift under the tree and sat admiring my handiwork with the tea towels and safety pins, I couldn't stop the anticipation from creeping from my toes to my heart. What is it about Christmas that reacquaints us with the child in ourselves? I went to bed feeling more alive and joyous than I have a right to ...

6 comments:

  1. There is something so satisfying and fulfilling about having the presents under the tree ready for the big day. A sense of wholeness with the universe I think, well that's what it feels like to me.
    Glad you had a good day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buying presents, but I must admit - I am not a fan of wrapping at all. I am usually that person wrapping all night long, on Christmas Eve, because I put it off for so long. When I was little I used to pay my sister to wrap my gifts! Now I'm too old for that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I also enjoy that trip back to childhood, and love putting gifts under the tree. It all looks beautiful! I have to say that these shiny wrapping papers these days are sometimes rather hard to control, but other than that, I do enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so into Xmas this year in your writing. You exude a true happiness and that is good.I am looking forward to opening one of thos packages but I hate to spoil the wrappings. I like to save them for next year. See you shortly. We all are kids at Xmas and some of us all year long. Polar Bear

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful you've gotten so much accomplished. I like your creative gift wraps,it's so much more fun that way.
    which movie did you see? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am living vicariously through your holiday cheer. You sound like you are living Christmas the way it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete