Thursday, June 10, 2010

Details

Details, details, details. They are necessary but I tire of them. Now I know what they mean when they say the devil is in the details ... I think I saw him in amongst the paperwork! Today has been spent dealing with appraisers, insurance companies, real estate agents, law clerks, and the loan officer. I was nice as pie to each and every one of them - and most were nice back.Those who weren't were gently told so in my nicest possible voice - not that they cared, but I somehow felt a teensy bit triumphant. I didn't want to make it easy for them to be rude. You remember that famous line from the film Network (that came out a hundred years ago), "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE". That is me now ... but in a friendly way!

I spent tonight knee high in stacks of paper searching down property assessments who keeps these things??, tax bills, and a bunch of other stuff that legal eagles need to close our cottage deal. Scanning and emailing. It is times like these that I am supremely grateful for technology; these would all be trips to the bank and the lawyers.

Hubby and I are off on a weekend adventure with Kidlet. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
But first - I have paper to file and shred!

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you too will be found nestling in the paperwork and popped into the car and taken away to enjoy your weekend.. ..have fun.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think I saw him in amongst the paperwork!" ROFL....Oh, you ARE SO WITTY!!!! I love it!!! In fact, I LOVED this entire post...so filled with your humor! I'm sorry that you are having to deal with all of this, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end!! Your dreams are coming true...just a few bumps along the way. Hoping that you have a wonderful weekend!! Love you, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your weekend get-a-way!

    ReplyDelete