Sunday, January 23, 2011

Paint Me Happy

The laundry room is painted - well it will be after one more coat (but that will be tomorrow's task). And I am sitting here, salt and vinegar chips to the right of me, a tall glass of water to my left, feeling pretty bloated from the chips with contentment.

The room is already showing signs of resurrection. But as I rolled "fresh" on to the dingy walls, I hit a speed bump. For years as the girls were growing up we would measure and mark their heights on the wall.There are sixteen years of progress documented on the laundry room wall. I paused and smiled as I read each and every entry, memories triggering left, right and centre. What to do???

I grabbed my camera and took a dozen different shots of the wall for posterity. I just hope the girls will forgive me. As the penciled entries disappeared under the paint I couldn't feel as though I was erasing a bit of history.

It's been a good day, with precious moments spent productively, fully and a few steps closer to loving my laundry room.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, salt and vinegar chips are the BEST.

    Second, I'm sure they'll forgive you. And since you have the photos with the heights, in a worst case scenario you could always measure and draw them on again. ;)

    ReplyDelete