Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Boomerang Winter

 Yikes. Just when we thought winter had graciously made her exit, she's back. She is overstaying her welcome! I needed a day at home to write (for work) so I called in at 5:30 am to let my boss know that I would be working from home today. I work about half an hour away and I knew that some nasty weather was forecasted and didn't want to waste time stuck in traffic on my commute. I couldn't understand why I wasn't receiving work emails so at 8 o'clock I called in again, only to find out that my office was closed due to inclimate weather. Snow Day! But not for me. I am paying penance for my tardiness and needed the day to finish my project.

I took a little break to try to clear a path in the snow for hubby when he gets home. My hand weight training is paying off! I was like Super Mama out there with my shovel, heaving scoops of the white stuff high into the air, forming snow banks on both sides of the driveway. Well maybe it was more like me leaning on the shovel, pushing it, ploughing it through the heavy, icy blanket of snow. I did heave it over the snow banks though without so much as a grunt or scream. OK - that's a lie -- the grunting part. But it matters not ... there wasn't a soul around!

Some pics of the wintry, third day of spring. I swear, Winter is just a little jealous of all the attention the arrival of Spring got.  So we'll humour our unwelcome guest for another day or two and then we'll just pray that she won't make like a boomerang and come back!




Down my street
Up my street
Surprise for hubby ... snow plow please don't come now ...


Out of storage


Winter boots are packed away. Rain boots had to do.

3 comments:

  1. Well, Lyn, the weather might not bow to the Power of Positive Thinking (I read your profile ~ you got it at age 11!), or maybe the Power doesn't extend into the atmosphere. But I'm happy to hear you made good use of the snow, honoring responsibility (doing the work even though it was technically a vacation day) and honoring dear hubby by clearing the driveway.

    Thank you for the comment you left on my blog today. AA and Peale have a lot in common. When was his book published? Our AA textbook
    was published in April 1939, and Bill Wilson, its author, was well-read. Peale and Wilson share a belief in the power found in a new way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think The Power of Positive Thinking was first published in 1952. Another book I love is As A Man Thinketh by James Allen and I believe he was a huge influence on Peale. They were ahead of their time. I read the blue AA book and I am convinced that the principles of the 12 step program would hugely benefit all. I tried to teach my girls that "so we think" - so we do and are; thus the mantra from Leo Buscaglia that I live by: "The love and life we create is the love and life we live." Thanks for dropping by and your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's the polar opposite of my current weather. We've been enjoying 70degree sunshine over here lately. In fact, there hasn't been so much as a single flake of snow since January. I guess I know where our winter went... ;)

    ReplyDelete