Friday, May 20, 2011

Up and Away

I dropped Kidlet off at the airport at the crack of dawn this morning. She is off again, this time to the Dominican Republic for a 3 week mission trip. Equipped with her bug net, Kraft dinner and a few random anxieties along side the American money in her pocket, she is hoping to learn about the culture and gain insights into the issues, help out where she can and practice her Spanish. She is planning to blog about her adventure so I'll keep you posted once I see her first post.

As for hubby and me, we're headed up to our cottage to give the upcoming summer a proper reception. Saturday is supposed to be hot and sunny but even if it isn't, I will still awaken to the chirping of birds, fresh woodsy air and maybe even the rhythmic tapping of a woodpecker. It's the first long weekend of the summer for Canadians - a preview of what is to come. Peace.

So Kidlet is away and we're headed up North. Oh the places we will go ...

1 comment:

  1. The DR? How exciting - Kidlet should have a great time! And the cabin, I'm so jealous! How lovely to be going to the lake again!

    ReplyDelete