Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wonderful Life

That glossy film is my Christmas Spirit. Negativity is deflecting off my crystal shield; nothing but light is getting through. I can't stop singing those corny Christmas tunes -- not even at the office. my poor cubemates  It's a magical time, if we let it be. I live in a cocoon of love and I am trying to make like a butterfly to spread the joy.

After I left my dad's visit I was overcome with gratitude. It's hard to watch him be vulnerable -- and only because this territory he is navigating is foreign to him; and it shows. But to see his unwavering determination is inspiring and reminds me of the great space he occupies in my life. My heart is full and I am grateful to have him with us.

T'is a season of joy and giving ... and I want to sing it from the rooftops ... it's a wonderful life.

2 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful life indeed and we have much to be grateful for.

    I am even grateful for the holiday music that comes from your side of the cube :)

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyn! I have missed you. While my work hiatus has been wonderful, I seemed to have taken an unintentional blogging one as well. Thank you for visiting and leaving such a lovely comment. <3

    Glad the season is upon you and that your heart is full. Merry Christmas! And thanks for always seeing the world through such beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete

I've made it easier to comment - no nasty word verification. So let me know you dropped by.