Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Start

I believe in fresh starts, renewed commitment, and articulated dreams. A new year is like fresh sheets on the bed - familiar but unsullied. A clean slate. An opportunity to  create new history; to boldly expect the consummation of aspirations and desires.

A new year is a time to chart a course that will take you where you want to be, or at least in the general direction of your heart's desires. It is also a time of reflection; to adjust the pace and the race to change that which didn't work and navigate towards that which will.

But mostly a new year is a time for gratitude; gratitude for the bounty and quality in my life and the love and support I give and receive back - tenfold. For life is nothing if not about the connections we have and make, and the realization that we belong to something bigger than ourselves. And for me, 2013 delivered a kind reminder -- that when one hurts, we all hurt. And when one suffers, we all suffer. And when one we reach out to one another, arms outstretched, with love and comfort, we are truly living.

And so as I turn to 2014 with a warm embrace, I make myself a promise to give a little more, love alot more, and share as much as I can. Stay tuned.

1 comment: