Tuesday, January 14, 2014

On Track

My entry card at the Y still worked but my body had to be convinced to participate. But after a few minutes of exercise, it got easier and I felt so much better. Not sure if it was an optical illusion, but my abs looked tighter -- even though I didn't do any ab work. definitely an optical illusion. Miles to go before I sleep...

I am so close to finishing my Dad's book for him, I can almost smell it. It's been a project half a year in the making and I am anxious to see it through to him holding its soft cover in his hands. He attacks each of his numerous projects with a zeal unmatched by anyone I know. I have catch-up to do in that department. He's a growing concern and tough to keep up with.

Harmony called last night and we talked for almost an hour catching up. While I was on the phone with her, Kidlet called, and a few minutes later, my dad. True to my word, I didn't bump Harmony for the others - I hate when people do it me. Got caught up with Kidlet on my way home from work today (yes, hands free), and then tonight as I spoke to my dad explaining that I had to cut our call short if he wanted me to work on his book, I received two more incoming calls. I can't resist the urge to talk to my family no matter how much stuff is piled up (point to dining room table still stacked with Christmas ornaments). Connecting is important and my lifeline to my loved ones. It's all about priorities, but for the next little bit, I think the book has to be king or (close your eyes Dad)  it will be the never-ending project. No worries; I won't let that happen. But for now, I am off to bed! Priorities people!

1 comment: