Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Homeward Bound

Just out of the shower, rolling my hair into a towel when I thought I heard quacking. Fritz is a wonder dog but he doesn't quack. I peered out the window ... and down below were a pair of mallard ducks holding court on the makeshift pond that had accumulated on the top of our pool cover.

They made a handsome couple as they glided across the surface without a care in the world. In fact they looked right at home.

It got me thinking about another pair (make that a trio) of snowbirds that will be home in a week or so. Yup - the Polar Bear and clan are closing up shop and leaving the sun and fun of Florida for the call of their home and native land ... Canada.

I look forward to their return ... the breath of life to transform the empty, darkened house into a home. I drive by there everyday and have to catch myself from honking my horn as I pass. Today I noticed a chorus of tulips and fruit blossoms on the front walkway that will be a splendid welcoming party.

Ducks, snowbirds, polar bears and parents ... so happy you are homeward bound.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lyn...this is such a beautiful and heartfelt post...it brought a lump to my throat! I'm so glad I "know" you...you bring such joy to everyday! Love, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete