Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dismantling Christmas

Well the proof is in the pudding - Christmastime is over for another year. I neglected the lengthy "to do" list for today and stole one last day for vacation. I honoured my leisurely morning - savouring every last second of "nothingness". The laundry remained piled high, the tree intact -fully decorated, Christmas decorations abound, the fridge - half empty. Much to do - but nothing that can't wait another day.

The last play day. Hubby played with his new toys - literally. Radio controlled racing cars terrorized and confused our Schnauzer. Hubby lamented how nice it would be to have a place to permanently set up his racing track. I nodded sympathetically as I tried intently to beat his car.

Watched kidlet play her heart out in a hockey tournament and then went to the movies with cousin and family. Ended the evening with lively conversation over Indian food. I think it is fair to say that we wrung the final drops of fun from the holiday season.

Tomorrow we will reluctantly dismantle Christmas and life as we knew it will resume. But for now - that is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment