Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ready, Set, Goal!

The last little while I have been busy immersing myself in and drinking up everything Kenya, crystalizing my v i s i o n. It is coming to life for me - I swear I can taste Africa on my tongue.

I have been kicking around an idea and have decided to stop dabbling - and simply commit. I have a milestone birthday coming up this March (what I like to think is my halfway point). I want to mark it by raising $5000 to contribute to the Free the Children 100-School Challenge to help build schools in Kenya. When I was sharing this idea with Kidlet, she said she wants to participate too - to mark her milestone (18th) birthday that is coming up in February. So there - I said it! We want to celebrate our milestones by raising the $5000 before we take our trip to Kenya next summer.

I've just released it to the universe, and now the planning and work begins. I thought it was time to take my own advice ...

I just know we can do it. And we will.

UPDATE: I set up our fundraising page on the Free the Children website. We are calling our fundraising effort Milestones for Education.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is incredible! If there's anything I can do to help you reach your goal, just let me know. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an incredibly goal and with an attitude like that you and Kidlet are sure to achieve it. :) I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete