Thursday, October 28, 2010

Baby Steps

Just a short note to say that the little "talk" I had with myself is working. I have a renewed zest for Bran Flakes and exercise. I went to the gym this week for the first time in 4 months! Do you know what work out clothes smell like when they have been in the bag that long? And maybe, just maybe I forgot to wash them the last time I wore them; and maybe, just maybe I forgot to open my bag since then. Yikes. But it's a great strategy to get alone time on the treadmill. I cleared the joint out fast. I felt like Pig Pen on Charlie Brown, with a little cloud of mustiness following me around.

Anyway, the good news is that I think I actually lost one of my rolls! And I was surprised at how long I could run on the treadmill without becoming breathless ... although it always helps when you are trying to get away from yourself. Every once in a while I would spritz a little of that cleaning disinfectant into the air to disperse the "cloud".

I have a lot of work to do to tone up these sagging "muscles" but when I stand in mirror. I swear I see the shadow of six pack struggling to be freed. Then again, I wasn't wearing glasses ...

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I've definitely been there myself. I loved that you described your new found speed as a result of trying to run away from yourself, so funny!
    Congrats on getting out there this morning, stinky clothes and all! ;)
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i do know what your talking about, baby steps are what i'm doing too these days.

    Good luck and keep it up Lyn, i'll be thinking of you tomorrow when i climb on the treadmill too...

    ♥ lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I am so impressed.. almost motivated.. but it is so HOT here, that is my excuse at the moment (and I always seem to have one!) I think I am going to have to write a very stern letter to myself soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just popped in to say hi and thank you for the nice comment on my poem today. And look what I found! You're my hero for today!
    Hurray for the fact that you actually put on your musty clothes and ran on that treadmill. It is a baby step, yes, but like the astronaut said in the first moon walk, it's a single step for (wo)man but a giant step for (wo)mankind. It's so easy to put off that baby step for another day. You tackled it with humor and courage. Inspiring to me!

    ReplyDelete

I've made it easier to comment - no nasty word verification. So let me know you dropped by.